- The students with unique abilities
- The scholarship
- Make Sure to Set a Title
- The eligible expenses
- The growing support
$147.9 million is available for the Gardiner Scholarship in 2019-20. Step Up estimates it will be able to serve approximately 14,000 students on scholarship this year. Scholarships are available on a rolling basis and are prorated quarterly.
Last year Step Up managed $126 million in education savings accounts for 11,458. The scholarships averaged $10,305 that year.
- 62.3 percent of students are diagnosed with autism
- 10.5 percent with intellectual disability
- 7.3 percent with rare diseases
- 5 percent as a “high-risk” child
- 3.5 percent with anaphylaxis
- 3 percent with multiple diagnoses
- 2.6 percent with cerebral palsy
- 2.1 percent with Down syndrome
- 3.7 percent all others