Scholarships To Give Florida Students Educational Options
Every Student Deserves A Choice
Scholarships for Educational Options
The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO)
- Available to Florida residents, regardless of household income, who are eligible to attend a K-12 public school.*
- The scholarship will first pay for the cost of private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation.
- $7,800 average amount awarded for private school scholarships for the 2023-24 school year
- $750 minimum awarded for transportation scholarships
- Florida students who are not full-time private nor full-time public school students now have access to the Personalized Education Program (PEP) through the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program.
Scholarships for Students with Unique Abilities
The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA)
- Available to students age 3 through grade 12 or age 22, whichever comes first, who have a specific diagnosis
- $10,000 average award for an FES-UA scholarship
- Funds may be used for tuition and fees for a private school, homeschooling options, therapies, tutoring and more
These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs or for public transportation. The Hope Scholarship is available to K-12 grade public school students who have experienced bullying, assault, threats or other violent acts.
- Available to K-12th students with a qualifying incident
- $7,800 average award for private school scholarships
- $750 minimum for transportation scholarships
- Includes private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation
- Eligibility based on reported and documented incidents
New Worlds Scholarship
- Funds may be used for part-time tutoring, summer and after-school literacy programs, instructional materials, curriculum, and more
- Available to K-5th grade public school students who struggle with reading and/or math
- $500 education savings account
Personalized Education Program
Florida students who are not full-time private or public school students can access the Personalized Education Program (PEP) through the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program. This scholarship provides an educational savings account (ESA) to fund the educational needs of eligible students.
- Open to K-12 Florida residents not enrolled in full-time private or public school regardless of household income.
- Students must be at least age 5 by Sept 1, of the school year in which they wish to enroll.
- Provides access to an education savings account (ESA) that functions like a bank account.
- The program will serve 20,000 students in the 2023-24 school year and grow by 40,000 annually.
|Persons in family/household||Priority 1 |
up to 185%
|Priority 2 |
|1||Up to $26,973||Up to $58,320|
|Each additional member |
|Each additional member |
|Based on guidelines published by the Department of Health & Human Services in National Registry on January 2023|