Scholarships To Give Florida Students Educational Options
Every Student Deserves A Choice
Step Up For Students supports students and families in building a stronger future through an education that fits their needs. Our scholarships open doors with tuition, transportation, and educational resources. Find out more about how our programs can make a difference for you.
Scholarships for Educational Options
The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO)
Give your child access to the education that best meets their needs. These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs, public school transportation and more.
- Available to Florida residents, regardless of household income, who are eligible to attend a K-12 public school.*
- The scholarship will first pay for the cost of private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation.
- $7,700 average amount awarded for private school scholarships for the 2022-23 school year
- $750 minimum awarded for transportation scholarships
- Florida students who are not full-time private nor full-time public school students now have access to the Personalized Education Program (PEP) through the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program.
*First Priority is given to students with a household income of 185% or less of the federal poverty line.Download the FTC HandbookDownload the FES-EO Handbook
Scholarships for Students with Unique Abilities
The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA)
Personalize the education of your child with unique abilities. This scholarship is delivered as an education savings account (ESA) that you can direct toward a combination of programs and approved providers. This includes schools, therapists, specialists, curriculum, technology, a college savings account and more.
Download the FES-UA Handbook
- Available to students age 3 through grade 12 or age 22, whichever comes first, who have a specific diagnosis
- $10,000 average award for an FES-UA scholarship
- Funds may be used for tuition and fees for a private school, homeschooling options, therapies, tutoring and more
These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs or for public transportation. The Hope Scholarship is available to K-12 grade public school students who have experienced bullying, assault, threats or other violent acts.
Download the Hope Handbook
- Available to K-12th students with a qualifying incident
- $7,700 average award for private school scholarships
- $750 minimum for transportation scholarships
- Includes private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation
- Eligibility based on reported and documented incidents
New Worlds Reading Scholarship Accounts support your struggling K-5th grade child in becoming a stronger reader. This scholarship can be used for fees related to tutoring and literacy programs along with reading instructional materials, curriculum and more. Financial assistance is provided through a $500 education savings account (ESA).
Download the Reading Handbook
- Funds may be used for part-time tutoring, summer and after-school literacy programs, instructional materials, curriculum and more
- Available to K-5th grade students
- $500 education savings account
- Eligibility based on the student’s performance on the English Language Arts (ELA) test during the prior year