Scholarships To Give Florida Students Educational Options
Every Student Deserves A Choice
Step Up For Students supports students and families in building a stronger future through an education that fits their needs. Our scholarships open doors with tuition, transportation, and educational resources. Find out more about how our programs can make a difference for you.
Scholarships for Educational Options
The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO)
Send your child to the school that fits their needs. These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs or for public school transportation. An example of who may qualify is a family of four with an income up to $111,000 annually.
- Covers the cost of private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation
- Available to eligible K-12 students
- Siblings of a funded FES-UA student
- $7,700 average amount awarded for private school scholarships
- $750 minimum awarded for transportation scholarships
- Eligibility is based on income or other qualifications*
*Students are eligible, regardless of income, if they are dependents of: an active-duty member of the United States Armed Forces, including reservists; law enforcement officers; or a child currently in foster or out-of-home care.Download the FTC HandbookDownload the FES-EO Handbook
Scholarships for Students with Unique Abilities
The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA)
Personalize the education of your child with unique abilities. This scholarship is delivered as an education savings account (ESA) that you can direct toward a combination of programs and approved providers. This includes schools, therapists, specialists, curriculum, technology, a college savings account and more.
Download the FES-UA Handbook
- Available to students age 3 through grade 12 or age 22, whichever comes first, who have a specific diagnosis
- $10,000 average award for an FES-UA scholarship
- Funds may be used for tuition and fees for a private school, homeschooling options, therapies, tutoring and more
These scholarships provide financial assistance for private school tuition and related costs or for public transportation. The Hope Scholarship is available to K-12 grade public school students who have experienced bullying, assault, threats or other violent acts.
Download the Hope Handbook
- Available to K-12th students with a qualifying incident
- $7,700 average award for private school scholarships
- $750 minimum for transportation scholarships
- Includes private school tuition and related fees or public school transportation
- Eligibility based on reported and documented incidents
New Worlds Reading Scholarship Accounts support your struggling K-5th grade child in becoming a stronger reader. This scholarship can be used for fees related to tutoring and literacy programs along with reading instructional materials, curriculum and more. Financial assistance is provided through a $500 education savings account (ESA).
Download the Reading Handbook
- Funds may be used for part-time tutoring, summer and after-school literacy programs, instructional materials, curriculum and more
- Available to K-5th grade students
- $500 education savings account
- Eligibility based on the student’s performance on the English Language Arts (ELA) test during the prior year