Step Up for Students collects and uses various information from You, including, but not limited to, Your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, identification number, location data, physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. Specifically for donors, the United States of America (“USA”) and applicable state tax laws and other regulations require Us to keep contact information and contribution histories for donors on file.
We use collected Personal Information to understand Your needs, provide excellent service, and alert You of any changes or updates to program or contribution opportunities. Except for the scenarios stated below, we will never sell, trade, rent or share Your Personal Information.
We will use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. Distribute receipts
2. Send “thank you” and other correspondence
3. Inform individuals of upcoming fundraising and other activities
4. Internal analysis and record keeping
5. Reporting to relevant USA and State agencies as required by USA and applicable state law, including, but not limited to, subpoenas, warrants, court orders, levies, attachments, orders of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal processes
6. Make payments to or ship items ordered through a third party vendor
7. Inform individuals of required information relevant to determining scholarship eligibility
8. Contact You about changes to this policy
Who has Access to Personal Information?
All access to Personal Information is strictly limited to the professional staff whose job requires them to process that information for the purposes described above. No such Personal Information is given to any staff member who does not need to access that information.
We will share donation or contribution amounts and scholarships amounts with independent auditors, so that they may conduct Our annual financial and compliance audit; however, that information will be anonymized for Your Personal Information.
To accept contributions via credit card, We use accredited online payment processing services with world-class security and data privacy policies. Unless requested by the donor for the purpose of processing
recurring donation, We do not store, nor have access to Your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
We do not share your Personal Information with companies, organizations, or individuals, except in the following cases:
1. with Your consent;
2. with domain administrators who may be able to suspend or terminate Your account, receive Your account information in order to satisfy application law or regulation, or assist You with Your account;
3. for legal reasons such as cooperating with applicable law, regulation, legal process, enforceable governmental requests, enforcing applicable terms and conditions, detecting or preventing fraud, security, or technical issues, or protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of Step Up for Students and Our Users.
Personal Information Storage; Your Right to Access Information
All Your Personal Information and records will be stored in a secure file cabinet and as part of an internally maintained database that is housed in a secure environment. Your Personal Information will be stored for a period of seven (7) years. We will take the appropriate measures such as pseudonymisation and encryption to protect Your information from a security breach.
During that time period, You have the right to access, rectify, and erase personal data. More commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’, You may request that all Your Personal Information be completely erased from Our storage system, thereby preventing any of Our staff members from having access to Your Personal Information. Additionally, You may withdraw any previously provided consent for Us to use, process, and store Your Personal Information.
You may ask for the restriction of processing Your Personal Information as well as data portability. The Personal Information We ask You to provide is a requirement to use Our services, and failure to provide such Personal Information may result in forfeiting access to the Step Up for Students programs or losing the opportunity to donate.
Should You have a serious complaint under the General Data Protection Regulation, You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. A ‘supervisory authority’ means an independent public authority which is established by a European Union Member State.
Information Requests; Policy Changes
have read and acknowledge these terms and agree with how Your Personal Information will be used and stored. If you are below the age of 18, you need a parent or legal guardian to consent on your behalf.