Scholarships For Private School
(Or transportation help to public schools)
To qualify, a family of four can have an income of nearly $80,000 annually. For the 2020-21 school year, scholarships for tuition and fees could be worth as much as $7,000 per child, depending on where you live and the grade of your children.
To see if your child qualifies for a scholarship, check out the household income eligibility chart for the 2020-21 school year.
- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept. 1.
- Paystubs (30 consecutive days closest to when you submit your application)
- Birth certificate if your child is entering kindergarten or first grade.
- Proof of residency for all members in the household (I.E.- health insurance, Medicaid, income documentation, utility bills, court custody documents or residential lease listing household members)
- Any other sources of income (i.e. – unemployment benefits, social security benefits, child support benefits, etc.)
- Driver’s license or passport for primary and secondary parents
Want to get notified if eligibility criteria changes?
Household Income Eligibility ChartAnnual Maximum Gross Income Cap
|Household Size||Florida Tax Credit Scholarship||Family Empowerment Scholarship|
|Each additional member +$11,648||Each additional member +$13,440|
Is Your Family Eligible?
The best way to determine whether you’re eligible is to start the application process.
What can a scholarship do for my child?
Step Up For Students offers two scholarships that are based on your household’s income: the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship and the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship gives families a choice of financial assistance toward private school tuition and fees, or helps with transportation costs for students to attend a public school different than the one they are assigned to. The Family Empowerment Scholarship may be used towards private school tuition and fees.
Both scholarships are based on financial need and not how well your child does in school. To apply for either scholarship, click the “APPLY NOW” button below. The application is the same for both scholarships. We determine if you are eligible, and for which scholarship.