Private school scholarships for military families, regardless of income.
Get an average of $7,700 a year for K-12 private school with a Step Up For Students scholarship.
You can APPLY NOW for the 2022-23 school year! Click the “APPLY” button to get started today!
Scholarship awards can be used to pay for tuition and fees at an eligible private school and are worth an average of $7,700, depending on where the student lives and their grade level.
- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept. 1.
- Dependent children of a member of the United States Armed Forces may qualify, regardless of household income. This includes members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Space Force and reservists.
- Families must submit a copy of the Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) of the Active-duty Military parent as verification.
- Proof of residency for all members in the household (i.e. – health insurance, Medicaid, income documentation, utility bills, court custody documents or residential lease listing household members)
- Driver’s license or passport for primary and secondary parents
|Household Size||Annual Household Gross Income Cap|
* If a military family is interested in the scholarship option for transportation assistance to a public school, the family must meet the income guidelines.
Did you know the scholarship is once-in, always-in?
This means that once a student is awarded and uses a scholarship, they will remain eligible until they graduate high school or return to public school.
Don't wait - APPLY TODAY
What can a scholarship do for my child?
Step Up For Students offers two scholarships: the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO).
Both scholarships give families a choice of financial assistance toward private school tuition and fees, or helps with transportation costs for students to attend a public school different than the one they are assigned to.*
The application is the same for both scholarships. We determine if you are eligible, and for which scholarship.
*To qualify for the transportation option, military families must meet the income eligibility criteria.
Students on the scholarship for four or more years are:
Stepping Up To Success
MILITARY FAMILIES ARE ELIGIBILE, REGARDLESS OF HOUSEHOLD INCOME!
Apply for the 2022-23 school year today!