Scholarships For Transportation Assistance to a Public School
Get up to $750 a year to assist with transportation costs, per student, to attend a public school different than the one the student is assigned to.
For the 2021-22 school year, a family of four could have an income of nearly $100,000 annually to be eligible for a $750 scholarship (per student) to assist with transportation costs to a public school that is different than the one they are assigned to attend.
- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept. 1.
NOTE: Students must be accepted to a public school different than the one they are assigned to, before any payments can be made to the parent.
Also, parents will need to provide a report card on a quarterly basis to receive payment.
IMPORTANT: The application for a transportation scholarship is the same application as the one for families interested in a private school scholarship through Step Up For Students.
- Paystubs (30 consecutive days closest to when you submit your application)
- Proof of residency for all members in the household (i.e. – health insurance, Medicaid, income documentation, utility bills, court custody documents or residential lease listing household members)
- Any other sources of income (i.e. – unemployment benefits, social security benefits, child support benefits, etc.)
- Driver’s license or passport for primary and secondary parents
Need help filling out your application? Click here to watch the application tutorials.
|Household Size||Annual Household Gross Income Cap|
Is Your Family Eligible?
The best way to determine whether you’re eligible is to apply.
What can a scholarship do for my child?
Step Up For Students offers two scholarships that are based on your household’s income: the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship and the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship and the Family Empowerment Scholarship give families a choice of financial assistance toward private school tuition and fees, or help with transportation costs for students to attend a public school different than the one they are assigned to.
Both scholarships are based on financial need and not how well your child does in school. The application for a scholarship to assist with transportation costs to public school or to help with private school tuition and fees is the same for both scholarships.
If awarded a scholarship, the parent or guardian can email FTCTransportation@sufs.org to select the transportation option.
Please include in the email the following information:
- Student’s full name
- Parent’s full name
- The name of the public school the student is zoned for
- The name of the public school of choice the student will be attending
Parents will need to provide a report card on a quarterly basis to receive payment.
Students on the scholarship for four or more years are:
Stepping Up To Success
Families may APPLY NOW for the 2021-22 school year.
Looking for other scholarship options? Step Up For Students also offers scholarships to help with private school tuition and fees based on income, scholarships for children with special needs that allow parents to customize their child’s education, and even scholarships for 3rd – 5th grade students in public schools who need reading help. Click here to learn more.