Our dedication doesn’t end when students qualify for a scholarship. Join us in maximizing the impact of the scholarships by expanding resources for our students and their families.
Step Up For Students administers two scholarships for Florida schoolchildren. It's a good start, but there's much more that needs to be done.
Step Up Honor Roll
At Step Up For Students, our standards are high in not just what we do, but how we do it. Donors to the scholarship program can have confidence they are giving to an organization with sound fiscal management.
Here’s the roll call of awards this past year:
- Step Up For Students’ commitment to accountability and transparency has once again earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator.
- November 2015: The Chronicle of Philanthropy released its annual Philanthropy 400, ranking Step Up as the 67th largest nonprofit in the country.
- December 2016: Forbes magazine ranked Step Up No. 24 on its “100 Largest U.S. Charities” list.
- We've been recognized as a platinum level nonprofit by Guidestar, one of the world’s top sources of information on nonprofit organizations.
- April 2016: 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. Tenth year overall in receiving 4 stars.
- May 2016: Charity Navigator updated its rating system, and our score increased from 99.92 to a perfect score of 100.
A Solid Foundation To Build An Exceptional Future:
- Step Up For Students’ record of success demonstrates that when families are in charge of their children’s education, students thrive. Demand for Step Up’s scholarships has increased every year, and we must continue to work to meet this demand.
- An education reform pioneer, and the largest and most successful organization of its kind in the nation, Step Up For Students helps ensure all children have equal opportunity to achieve their maximum potential through education.
Your donation helps us maximize the impact of the scholarships.
Hear From Our Families
Donate today and help us maximize the impact of the scholarships.
Need inspiration? Hear from additional Step Up families & students:
Joel receives the (FTC) income-based scholarship
Liam receives the Gardiner special needs scholarship
Braelyn receives the (FTC) income-based scholarship.
Sara receives the Gardiner special needs scholarship.
Briana & Jeremiah receive the (FTC) income-based scholarships.
Daniel receives the Gardiner special needs scholarship.
Shawnay receives the (FTC) income-based scholarship.
Julian receives the Gardiner special needs scholarship.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (CH-14609) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR ON THEIR WEBSITE WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.