For the 2022-23 school year, an example of who may be eligible is a family of four with an income up to $111,000 annually. The scholarship award is based on where the student lives and their grade level. To view the 2021-22 scholarship award amounts, please click here. (The 2022-23 award amounts are not yet available.)
- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept. 1.
More families than ever are eligible for a scholarship, including:
- Siblings of students participating in the Family Empowerment Scholarship, including siblings of students who are eligible based on a special need.
- Dependent children of a member of the United States Armed Forces may qualify, regardless of household income. This includes members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Space Force and reservists. Click here to learn more.
- Dependent children of a law enforcement officer, regardless of household income. Click here to learn more.
- Paystubs (30 consecutive days closest to when you submit your application)
- Proof of residency for all members in the household (i.e. – health insurance, Medicaid, income documentation, utility bills, court custody documents or residential lease listing household members)
- Any other sources of income (i.e. – unemployment benefits, social security benefits, child support benefits, etc.)
- Driver’s license or passport for primary and secondary parents
- Members of the United States Armed Forces may be asked to submit a copy of the Leave and Earning Statements (LES)
|Household Size||Annual Household Gross Income Cap|
Is Your Family Eligible?
What can a scholarship do for my child?
There are two ways to use the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) and the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO):
- Financial assistance for private school tuition and fees
- Help with transportation costs for students to attend a public school different than the one they are assigned to. (The FES-EO transportation option is limited for the students with the greatest need.)
The application is the same for both scholarships. You will be notified if you are eligible, and for which scholarship.