MyScholarShop: Frequently Asked Questions
Step Up For Students reviews all items offered by our vendors to see if they fit into one of the preapproved categories for the program. All items on MyScholarShop have already been approved, eliminating the worry that it will be denied.
Yes! The form is available on MyScholarShop and through the Step Up For Students portal. You can also click here to make a request. All requests are routed to the Product Manager at Step Up for review.
At this time, Amazon will not be a vendor on MyScholarShop. However, there are no restrictions on vendors or online retailers you shop with outside of MyScholarShop as long as the item you are purchasing is approved. So, parents will still be able to use Amazon by paying out of pocket and submitting a reimbursement.
Parents are welcome to “shop around” for the best price. The value MyScholarShop provides is a one-stop shopping experience for your child’s educational needs. Available items have been approved and can be purchased through your scholarship account so parents don’t have to pay with their own money and then wait for reimbursement.
Certain items, such as computers and other devices, will be reviewed internally before the order is placed. If the item was purchased before the two-year allowable limit of the last purchase, the order will be denied.
Your orders will appear in the “My Requests” section of the MyScholarShop dashboard.
This means the item is out of stock or you do not have enough funds in your scholarship account. If it is out of stock, we will offer a comparable item for purchase. Otherwise, you will need to resubmit the order without that item.
The system automatically does a budget check to ensure you have funds before you place the order.
You will need to contact the vendor that you purchased it from. Please click here to view the vendor return policies.
Not at this time. We hope to offer this in the future.
If the product you’d like to purchase is not on MyScholarShop, you can request the product to be added here. In the meantime, you may purchase it through the reimbursable process.
Some internet browsers are preventing pop-ups from StepUpForStudents.org. Please enable pop-ups on the page to proceed.
MyScholarShop is fully compatible for tablets, but you will need to ensure that pop-ups are enabled.
The following statuses are possible when ordering items in MyScholarShop:
- Composing: The request is still pending, and the items in the shopping cart have not been submitted for purchase yet. To submit this order, please access your shopping cart and check out.
- Submitted: The request has been submitted, and is still pending review by a Step Up processor.
- Approved: Items that required review from a Step Up For Students approver have been approved, and sent to the vendor(s) for fulfillment.
- Denied: Items that required review from a Step Up For Students approver have been denied. The parent can resubmit the request with an appeal reason.
- Ordering: A fully approved order is in the process of being generated. Once the order is fully generated, it will move to the “Ordered” state and sent to the vendor for fulfillment.
- Ordered: All orders associated with a requisition have been transmitted to the vendor.
- Canceling: The parent canceled an order after it was placed. As soon as Step Up For Students confirms that the cancellation has been transmitted successfully to our internal systems, the state will move to “Canceled”.
- Canceled: The parent canceled an order after it went through the approval and ordering processes.
- Receiving: The ordered goods have been shipped and are in the process of being received.
- Received: Ordered goods have been shipped and fully received.
- “Exported to ERP” is the process during which MyScholarShop is updating your account based on the amount of funds used on the purchase.
- “ERP Reference Number” is the purchase order that was created when you purchased items from MyScholarShop.
- Ariba Network is the platform that MyScholarShop operates on.
- The “aribasystem” user is the system user for the Ariba platform on MyScholarShop, which ensures that information is being sent from Step Up For Students and our suppliers.
Please log out of MyScholarShop, and change the active student for MyScholarShop from the drop-down menu in the MyScholarShop tab in the Step Up For Students portal. This will allow you to enter MyScholarShop on behalf of your second student.