Choice Leader of Excellence
A Micro-Credential Certification Program
The Choice Leader of Excellence certification will leverage school leaders to build leadership capacity, gain statewide recognition, be better positioned to increase enrollment, and attract high-quality staff to their school.
Step Up for Students (SUFS) is committed to our private schools becoming innovative education communities where the implementation of research-based best practices leads to increased student success. As part of this commitment, the Office of Student Learning (OSL) at SUFS is excited to announce our partnership with BloomBoard, the leading platform for enabling educator advancement via micro-credentials, to offer private school administrators and aspiring administrators around the state of Florida an opportunity to participate in the SUFS Choice Leader of Excellence Certification program.
Step Up for Students is seeking private school leaders, and aspiring leaders who are committed to professional growth and excellence.
Micro-credential-based certification program designed to foster professional growth and forward thinking for private school. leaders.
Participants will earn eight micro-credentials over the course of 18 months.
This is a self-paced, individualized program that requires implementation of learning modules.
Competency-based learning designed to increase best practices in leadership.
Leader cohort will be facilitated by a supportive expert.
Participants will work independently through the micro-credential content while collaborating with other leaders during the process of professional growth.
Program will begin in SEPT 2019.
- Opt-In Accountability
- Accountability and Recognition of Achievement
- Enrollment driver and tuition Impact
- State-wide recognition (Governor)
- Searchable filter on SUFS’ “Find a School” Tool
- Ability to demonstrate competency as a School Leader
- Increased board satisfaction and employment stability
- Certification tied to Master Inservice Plan leading to license renewal
- Participation in certification is a career pathway builder for aspiring leaders
- Leader certification compliments school accreditation
- Tool to build capacity among leadership team
- Career pathway builder for school and teacher leaders with a passion to champion education reform
- Part of a strong Succession Plan
Below are the six required micro-credentials that participants will complete.
Participants will choose two additional elective micro-credentials to complete from the following options.
What will the certification experience entail? Learn more here.
The Step Up for Students Office of Student Learning team and BloomBoard present information that illustrates the expectations and perimeters of the Choice Leader of Excellence Certification Program.
This recorded webinar will outline what a micro-credential is, what the experience will be like for participants and logistics information.
REGISTER NOW FOR THE CHOICE LEADER OF
EXCELLENCE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Questions? Contact Jamie Onoratojonorato@sufs.org or (904) 616-7765
Learn more about the Certification Program at our Statewide Conference
– June 20-21, 2019 in Lakeland, Florida at Victory Christian Academy- Attend the Bloomboard Meet and Greet/breakout session to learn more and register for the micro-credential certification program- REGISTER HERE FOR THE CONFERENCE
Founded in 2010, BloomBoard is leading the shift from professional development to educator advancement via micro-certification. The company partners with states and districts to enable a unique online learning experience where educators can improve their instructional practice and advance in their careers by earning micro-credentials. BloomBoard aims to help all organizations transition to meaningful, purpose-driven educator development and advancement based on measurable certification. For more information, visit bloomboard.com.