Every Student Deserves A Choice
Step Up For Students supports Florida students and families in building a stronger future through personalized education. Our scholarships open doors with private school tuition assistance and help covering the cost of traveling to a different public school.
*To qualify for the transportation option, law enforcement families must meet the income eligibility criteria. Click here to learn about the transportation option.
Who Is Eligible?
Families interested in the transportation scholarship through the FTC or FES-EO program must qualify based on household income. An example of who may qualify is a family of four with an income of up to $111,000.
The private school tuition assistance is available, regardless of income, to:
- Dependent children of law enforcement officers
- Dependent children of an active member of the United States Armed Forces, including reservists. Includes members of the Army, Navy, Airforce, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Click here to learn more about military family eligibility.
- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept. 1.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept. 1.
Find a School
How Does It Work?
Apply for the scholarship through Step Up For Students. If approved, choose a private school scholarship or a transportation scholarship.
Private School Scholarship
View Scholarship Award Amounts ›
Transportation scholarships are worth $750 and help with the cost of attending a public school other than the one to which a student has been assigned.
Once awarded a scholarship, please follow the instructions on your award letter to notify us that you will be using the transportation scholarship option. Familes will be required to provide a report card or progress report quarterly to confirm the student’s attendance and receive payment that is sent directly to families.
Documents you will need to apply
- Copy of the law enforcement officer's most recent official ID, including badge number